COMPS - CompTIA Security+
The CompTIA Security+ course provides an excellent introduction to the security field and a perfect solution for those whose goal is to become Security+ certified for their job, to prove basic knowledge of security concepts or to gain more knowledge to secure their networks. In this course, students will implement, monitor, and troubleshoot infrastructure, application, information, and operational security.This training will prepare students to pass the current CompTIA Security+ SY0–501 certification exam. The qualification is aimed primarily at networking professionals, but because security is vital to all levels and job roles within an organization, it will also benefit PC support analysts, application developers and senior managers in accounting, sales, product development and marketing.
In this course, you will implement information security across a variety of different contexts.
- Identify the fundamental components of information security.
- Analyze risk.
- Identify various threats to information security.
- Conduct security assessments to detect vulnerabilities.
- Implement security for hosts and software.
- Implement security for networks.
- Manage identity and access.
- Implement cryptographic solutions in the organization.
- Implement security at the operational level.
- Address security incidents.
- Ensure the continuity of business operations in the event of an incident.
IDENTIFYING SECURITY FUNDAMENTALS
- Identify Information Security Concepts
- Identify Basic Security Controls
- Identify Basic Authentication and Authorization Concepts
- Identify Basic Cryptography Concepts
- Analyze Organizational Risk
- Analyze the Business Impact of Risk
IDENTIFYING SECURITY THREATS
- Identify Types of Attackers
- Identify Social Engineering Attacks
- Identify Malware
- Identify Software-Based Threats
- Identify Network-Based Threats
- Identify Wireless Threats
- Identify Physical Threats
CONDUCTING SECURITY ASSESSMENTS
- Identify Vulnerabilities
- Assess Vulnerabilities
- Implement Penetration Testing
IMPLEMENTING HOST AND SOFTWARE SECURITY
- Implement Host Security
- Implement Cloud and Virtualization Security
- Implement Mobile Device Security
- Incorporate Security in the Software Development Lifecycle
IMPLEMENTING NETWORK SECURITY
- Configure Network Security Technologies
- Secure Network Design Elements
- Implement Secure Networking Protocols and Services
- Secure Wireless Traffic
MANAGING IDENTITY AND ACCESS
- Implement Identity and Access Management
- Configure Directory Services
- Configure Access Services
- Manage Accounts
- Identify Advanced Cryptography Concepts
- Select Cryptographic Algorithms
- Configure a Public Key Infrastructure
- Enroll Certificates
- Back Up and Restore Certificates and Private Keys
- Revoke Certificates
IMPLEMENTING OPERATIONAL SECURITY
- Evaluate Security Frameworks and Guidelines
- Incorporate Documentation in Operational Security
- Implement Security Strategies
- Manage Data Security Processes
- Implement Physical Controls
ADDRESSING SECURITY INCIDENTS
- Troubleshoot Common Security Issues
- Respond to Security Incidents
- Investigate Security Incidents
ENSURING BUSINESS CONTINUITY
- Select Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Processes
- Develop a Business Continuity Plan
Exam Codes SY0–501 Launch Date October 4, 2017 Exam Description The CompTIA Security+ exam will certify the successful candidate has the knowledge and skills required to install and configure systems to secure applications, networks, and devices; perform threat analysis and respond with appropriate mitigation techniques; participate in risk mitigation activities; and operate with an awareness of applicable policies, laws, and regulations. The successful candidate will perform these tasks to support the principles of confidentiality, integrity, and availability. Number of Questions Maximum of 90 questions Type of Questions Multiple choice and performance-based Length of Test 90 minutes
Passing Score 750 (on a scale of 100–900) Recommended Experience CompTIA Network+ and two years of experience in IT administration with a security focus Languages English, Japanese, Portuguese and Simplified Chinese
This course is targeted toward the information technology (IT) professional who has networking and administrative skills in Windows®-based Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) networks; familiarity with other operating systems, such as macOS®, Unix, or Linux; and who wants to further a career in IT by acquiring foundational knowledge of security topics; preparing for the CompTIA Security+ certification examination; or using Security+ as the foundation for advanced security certifications or career roles.
podle názvu a lokality